Kenya Safaris | Tanzania Safaris | Rwanda Safaris | Uganda Safaris | Egypt Vacations
Kenya Safari | Kenya & Tanzania Safari | Kenya & Egypt Safari | Tanzania & Egypt Safari
Tanzania Safari | Masai Mara Safari | Serengeti Safari | Kenya & Tanzania Flying Safari
Uganda Gorilla Safari (3 days/2 nights).
Day 1: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park [L, D]
Leaving Kampala very early, it's a full day’s drive through the beautiful Ugandan countryside to the ancient rainforests of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. On the way, skirt the north-eastern shores of Lake Victoria, and climb into the mountainous south-western region of Uganda through terraced hillsides dotted with traditional settlements. Expect to arrive at our picturesque accommodation on the edge of the forest in the late afternoon.
Overnight Gorilla Forest Camp
Day 2: Bwindi National Park: Gorilla Trek [B, L, D]
Bwindi is a magnificent green swathe of dense rainforest and is one of the most biologically diverse areas on earth and a recently proclaimed World Heritage Site. Begin your gorilla trek in the early morning, and set off into the tangled and mist-shrouded forests with guides and trackers who are very experienced at locating the gorillas by finding the nest the family had used the previous night. The search for these majestic animals goes through thick untamed rainforest, where you'll be scrambling over mossy rocks and through deep undergrowth and it can be arduous at times. But when you come face to face with the gorillas for the first time, the trek there will be more than worth it, and watching gorillas in their natural habitat is a memory that will last a lifetime. After spending an hour with the gorillas we head back to the base camp for a late lunch and a relaxing afternoon.
Overnight Gorilla Forest Camp
Day 3: Kampala [B, L]
Departing early in the morning we start our journey back to Kampala stopping for lunch en route. We will have stops at the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers en route where you will able to watch the ceremonial drums being crafted using methods passed down through generations. There will also be time to stop at the equator for photographs. Expect to arrive back in the city in the early evening after a quick but exhilarating visit to the mountain gorillas.
COST: USD 2,200.- PER PERSON SHARING
To enquire about this safari, please contact us
In your enquiry please state the name of this safari - Uganda Gorilla Safari
Included in tour price
- Ground transportation with an English speaking driver / guide
- Park fees
- Activities and accommodations as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Airfare to and from Uganda
- 01 Gorilla permit per person
- Visa to and from Uganda
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- First and last night’s accommodation in Kampala or Entebbe
- All beverages except tea and coffee taken at breakfast
- Any activity, meal or accommodation NOT mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice
Notes on Gorilla tracking
- Gorilla trekking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour.
- Minimum tracking age is 15 years.
- Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed.
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour.
We strongly recommend the following:
- Rain poncho (lightweight)
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Waterproof trousers
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Leather gardening -type gloves
- Insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by you either from your home town or Kampala.
- Still Cameras and Camcorders are allowed, but bring batteries and film from your home town or Kampala.
Please understand that gorilla permits are booked on a “first come first served” CASH basis and therefore can be snapped up by any body.
Kenya | Tanzania | Zanzibar | Rwanda | Uganda | Egypt | Nairobi | Mombasa | Lamu
Masai Mara | Serengeti | Ngorongoro | Amboseli | Lake Nakuru | Samburu
Kenya Parks | Tanzania Parks | Rwanda Parks | Uganda Parks
Kenya Hotels | Tanzania Hotels | Zanzibar Hotels
About Us | Testimonials | Contact Us